Experience Dealing With Zalora and Groupon

18:10:00 Unknown 0 Comments

Here I would like to share my experience when dealing with the Customer Service for the issue of damaged product from ZaloraMY and Groupon 
My girlfriend had bought a wallet from ZaloraMY to surprise me for our anniversary recently. After I received the parcel through ZaloraMY's Ninja Van and unboxed it, I found there is a dent on the packaging tin box which you may refer to the photo attached below. You may think it is just a little dented on the corner of the tin box but the product inside should not be affected. However, for someone who is a perfectionist like me will understand, a gift, should come in the best condition, representing the perfect moment with the perfect gift. Usually I will keep all the boxes of products I own just in case I might need them for some other purposes in the future. 
Without hesitation, I made a call to Zalora MY Customer Service Line. My call was answered by their Customer Service Officer (CSO) named Sarawanan Thanabala. The conversation between us is as per below: 

CSO : Hi Sir, anything I could help you? 

ME : My girlfriend bought a wallet from ZaloraMY and I found the box is dented. The reference code is XXX. 

CSO : Please wait a moment for me to check in the system. 

Then he put me on-hold and provided me some song to listen (hmmmmm the usual thing on service line). After listening to few songs, he attended back to my call again. 

CSO : Sir, so sorry to inform you that the product is currently out-of-stock. The best solution for you is return the damaged product and we will refund the money to your girlfriend’s Zalora’s account. 

ME : That’s a special gift from my girlfriend, so I only want that particular item. Please check your system again and provide me a better solution. 

CSO : Please hold on the line again and I will double check in the system. 

Continuously waiting and waiting. 

CSO : Sir, I saw there is 1 unit left in our system and I will hold it for you. Please mail the damaged item back to us through Poslaju and email us the photo of the Poslaju slip. After we received the item, we will straight away send out the exchanged item and you will receive the item within 7 days. 

ME : Oh. Thank you very much! 

So after few days of waiting, finally I received the parcel from ZaloraMY but unfortunately the wallet is not in good condition! However, I am curious that if I did not insist that I want the same itemare they going to solve this through refunding and close the case? I am very glad that ZaloraMY CSO did his best to provide me the best solution.  

ZaloraMY’s respond time is really fast and more efficient as compared to GrouponThis is because I had actually bought an item through Groupon for my girlfriend at the similar period of time yet receiving a scratched product as well.  
I am wondering how “lucky” I am to get hit by two faulty items at the same time but from different online stores. First of all, I think they have to improve their QC on the products they are selling on their online stores. Secondly, they might like to improve the training on their staffs (either CS or other departments). I understand that time is needed for standard operating procedures but it has been more than a month that the item was only collected last Wednesday and until now I have not receive any calls from Groupon regarding to this issue.

Stay tuned with The Kai Kiat! Like and Follow me on Facebook for more exclusive news.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: